Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Wisdom of Solomon by Wanda E. Brunstetter Review

The Wisdom of Solomon is one of the cutest child-friendly storybooks I've ever encountered.

The book is a compilation of twelve lesson-teaching stories that children will be able to instantly relate to.

Although the stories are about Amish children I believe any child can relate to the characters. Occasionally an Amish word is used in a story, but the English word is always parenthesized for easy story-telling.

This would make a great read aloud, and Kindergarten age children would probably enjoy acting out the stories as well. The only religious part of the book is the beginning of each chapter where a verse from Proverbs is shown next to the chapter title. Other than that, the stories are about everyday life and the lessons children learn such as sharing, telling the truth, minding parents, and being a friend.

Young children ages 3-5 will probably ask to be read this book over and over and older children 6-7 will probably enjoy reading this book once or twice by themselves. I give this book a very high recommendation for it's interesting stories, cute artwork, and the lessons it teaches.

This book is due to be released March 2009. At 256 pages, this book is also a great value.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings frοm Іdahо! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you present here and can't ωait to takе a lоok when I get home.
I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm
nоt eѵen using WIFI, juѕt 3G .. Anyhow, aωesоme blog!


Loоκ аt my homepage altec bucket truck
Review my blog post cherry pickers for sale

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys аre up too. Such clevеr work and reportіng!
Keep up the vегy good woгkѕ guys I've included you guys to blogroll.

my webpage: tens units

Post a Comment